Monday, September 20, 2010

PLN7

After watching the video Web 2.0 ... The Machine is Us/ing Us made by Michael Wesch many things came to my attention; things that matter to me personally, but also things that matter to education, and even things that matter to the entire world. Thinking on a small scale of how the topics discussed in the video effect me, I would say that it mainly affects the way I will write for the rest of my life, it means that I will most likely do a lot of typing because it is much easier to edit and revise than written work. Looking on a larger scale of how the topics in the video effect education there are two major issues. First, class rooms need to be a twenty-first century learning environment, using laptops; so that kids can type rather than write and can edit and revise they’re work. Looking on an even bigger scale of how the topics in the video effect the entire world there is one thing that matters. This is that written work may be in the past and typing work on the computer will soon become the primary way to write. Michael Wesch may have only made a four minute and thirty-two second video but the messages and topics of the video matter to me, education, and even the entire world.

1 comment:

  1. Chase-

    Very well written! Keep this as an example to follow.

    ReplyDelete