Sunday, October 17, 2010

PLN10

After watching the video, The Buzz: Brave New Voices 2010 (HBO) made by HBO many things came to my attention; things that matter to me personally, but also things that matter to education, and even things that matter to the entire world. Thinking on a small scale of how the topics discussed in the video effect me, I would say that it mainly affects the way I view poetry. Before watching this video I viewed poetry as lame boring genre, only written by old men, but by the end of the video I realized that poetry was a cool way for me and other young adults to express our opinions and share our stories with the world just like art or music. Looking on a larger scale of how the topics in the video affect education; it primarily affects student happiness and self-expression, not so much their learning. Classrooms need to have more fun events accessible to kids such as the Buzz competition so that students can express their feelings and recognize common experiences that all teenagers have. Looking on an even bigger scale of how the topics in the video effect the entire world there is only one thing that matters. Our youth are the future of the world so the things they believe will be the ideas of the future and will affect future generations. PBS may have only recorded a poetry competition with fifty teams, but the messages and topics of the video matter to me, education, and even the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment